the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually b : prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment
That would be what this entry is about.
And yes, I'm fine. I just really need to vent.
This isn't about race. This isn't about the color of someones skin, where their heritage comes from, or anything that most people would see on the news.
No, this is about discrimination of age.
Today, they gave out cast parts.
I'm sorry to say, I'm already thinking about quitting.
The sophomores are just as good (some even better) than the juniors and seniors, and yet, when I got home and called Chasity, she was practically in tears because the best part that any sophomore got was a line and two solos.
WHAT THE FREAK?
What POs me even more is that the sophomore who got it, Sheridan, is in CHOIR, and if I know anything at all, isn't the best actress. But guess what? NO ONE CARES, obviously! She's a FANTASTIC dancer and singer, so I can totally see the solos, but do the teachers even KNOW how much memorizing, sweating, and crying people did over a retarded little part that they just give away to the same people as last year?!
Because I can say, right now, that there's not going to be cooperation in the theater, as far as I'm concerned. I've lost respect for our coreographer, who obviously has far too much input on stage level, and the drama teachers, who blatently lied to us about how "singing and dancing is just to see if you have a talent for it; acting's the main thing" in auditions.
Obviously, for the love of anything, not.
It gets better, too.
Last year, a girl named Jessica (then a sophomore, now a junior, if I'm right...) got pregnant and wasn't allowed to be in the production just because of all the technicalities. That was her own da**ed fault. So this year, because she was inhibited LAST year, she gets to have Sheridan's part in the second night performance; another part lost from the desperado sophomores to the teachers.
And okay, look. I know it's the teacher's performance. I'm not bringing down that it shouldn't be; but what happened to "new talent?" Disregarding sophomores, there's DOZENS of seniors that were balling in the halls today because the judges just royally screwed over their chances at getting a performing scholarship from that musical.
I don't care that I'm not a major part.
But there's so many people that were practically ignored, who have far more talent than any kid currently being put on stage.
But you know what? Have fun.
Just think of me, out with the rest of the repressed talent, out in the pointless singing/dancing ensemble that is going to cost us all a fortune when we even don't have a part. When the dance crew isn't cooperating because they're too mad at the teachers to even speak, or when the actress' and actors don't live up to the characters... The list goes on.
And really and truly, I hope that the judges get beaten by a mob of angry kids.
Because age doesn't matter. Nor do looks.
TALENT, on the other hand, is everything.
Ah, the downside of drama that no one thought existed.
6 comments:
:O D:
That. Totally. Sucks.
...Mhmm...bahhhh.
P.S. Love the new pic, gorgous! :D
P.P.S. I'm possibly invited to go to China with student amabassadors!!!! :O :D
Ah, thanks babe. :)
And yeah, it really does.
CONGRATS. :)
I was hoping it would get there soon!
HOLY COW!
That's horrid! I completely understand venting! I would too!
and holy cow! lol
Nice picture Lauren, it's great! :)
Erg. That was Katie and so is this
Ahahaha!
HEY KATIE.
;)
And thank you.
And ohiknow, right?
Haha.
Post a Comment