INT.HOTEL BALLROOM.NIGHT
Two thousand kids dressed in all styles of formal wear are
dancing in the dark, rays of color blasting down to the
floor in time to the rhythm to the rap song playing from the
DJ stand in the corner. Ana walks into the room looking
forlorn, catching the eye of JEREMY and COLIN, who came with
ISA and MADRID, all of them wearing coordinating TUXES and
PROM DRESSES.
JEREMY
(to Isa)
Well that’s just wonderful. She’s
depressed again, and at Prom.
Isa groans.
ISA
What else is new. Not that I can
really blame her though, because
seriously, the way that Vitali’s
keeping Talon isn’t exactly doing
wonders to his future bride.
COLIN
(accusingly)
She doesn’t know she’s his future
bride at the moment, remember? She
hasn’t even said yes, not to say
that she won’t. He was going to ask
her, and she has the so-called ring
already, but he had to go off and
run an entire kingdom. Are you
getting the point, here,
numb-skull?
Isa puts her hands up defensively.
ISA
Chill, Col! They’re my brothers!
What am I supposed to do, up and
admit I love them?
MADRID
Hush, morons. She’s coming over
here.
JEREMY
(whispers)
Oh, that was lovely of you.
ANA puts on a smile and walks up to the group nonchalantly.
ANA
Hey, guys.
JEREMY, ISA, MADRID, COLIN
Hey!
There’s an awkward pause and Ana crosses her arms, narrowing
her eyes.
ANA
Tell me, honestly, you weren’t
talking about me.
COLIN
Honestly, we weren’t talking about
you...?
ANA
(laughing)
Yeah, okay, fine. I deserve it.
But, come on, it’s Prom and I’m one
of the only girls who’s interesting
enough for once in her life to be
asked out by close to everyone, yet
I came without a date.
MADRID
You actually consider mine a date?
COLIN
Ouch. That was only kind of harsh
there, Maddi.
MADRID
Well, it’s true! You would’ve come
with Chaney had you been given the
chance!
COLIN
...Yeah, okay, I get your point.
ISA
Still though. Anyway, Ana, that
doesn’t matter. You’re here, you’re
available...
Ana slumps, and Isa smiles sheepishly at the other three,
who are frowning.
JEREMY
(quietly)
Nice one, Is.
ANA
Um, hey. Does anyone want a drink
or something? I think I’m just
going to go get some, um, kool-aid
or punch or... something.
ISA
(in a small voice)
Sorry.
Ana smiles cheaply.
ANA
No, no, it’s not your fault. I’m
sorry.
COLIN
I think we’re good on drinks.
Thanks, though. Hurry back.
Colin smiles kindly. Ana nods and walks away towards the
refreshment table.
INT.REFRESHMENT TABLE.NIGHT
Ana sits in one of the CHAIRS at the refreshment center, her
head in her hands, one of them gripping a plastic cup of
cherry kool-aid firmly. She’s one of many girls, most of
whom are gossiping about other girls on the floor or
dreaming about some already-taken guy.
There’s giggling and talking in the background as someone
approaches Ana.
TALON
Hello.
Ana looks up at him, but can’t see in the darkness and
through her makeup that’s smudged all over her hands.
ANA
(tiredly)
Hi.
TALON
Where’s your date?
ANA
Look, I didn’t bring one, and
neither do I want one, so please
just go away.
Ana puts her head back down.
TALON
Good, because I wasn’t asking to be
your date. I was just wanting a
dance, if that’s alright?
ANA
No. No, it’s not. Go away.
TALON
Fine; make me do this the hard way:
May I please have this dance?
Ana groans.
TALON
I’ll leave...
ANA
Please?
TALON
...If you dance with me.
Ana mutters under her breath, but stands up and puts her
drink down on the chair, turning to glare at him.
ANA
You really know how to make
enemies, you know it?
TALON
(dryly)
So I’ve been told.
He begins leading her away from the crowd by hand, though
she’s not noticing through her anger.
INT.HOTEL BALLROOM.NIGHT
Colin, Isa, Jeremy, and Madrid notice the two leaving the
building, Ana still carrying on the one-sided conversation,
and stare in awe.
MADRID
No way.
ISA
(giggling)
Yes way! Score for little Miss Ana
Marie! But Talon, oh no, he’s going
to be so heartbroken...
Madrid eyes Isa, annoyed.
MADRID
Is, sometimes I think you’re kind
of an idiot.
ISA
Yeah, I... Excuse me?
Jeremy and Colin glance at each other warily.
JEREMY
You’re thinking it and I know it,
so I’m going to stay away from the
over-used line, since I’m thinking
it too.
COLIN
(laughing at the spectacle)
Man, he’s good.
EXT.VERANDA.NIGHT
Ana’s mystery date leads her out to the Veranda, which is
empty except for a few couples dancing and a violinist.
ANA (cont'd)
...Why would you even be here
without a date, okay? Just please
give it up and go back to her.
You’re going to break her heart.
Ana turns to him, stopping him in his tracks, pulling her
hand away from him.
ANA
Seriously. I don’t even know who
you are.
TALON
Actually, you do.
ANA
(horrified)
Did Jeremy put you up to this, or
was it Maddie?
The silhouette pulls her to him and kisses her. Ana
struggles to pull away, but gives in, since he has her by
the forearms, and goes limp.
He pulls away, and Ana sees his smile for the first time.
She stares at him.
TALON
You look amazing tonight; it’s
already taken all of my willpower
to not just attack you and drag you
away from all of this.
ANA
(pauses in speechless shock)
Talon! You’re... You’re back?!
TALON
(laughing)
I told you I’d be, didn’t I?
Ana jumps into TALON’s arms, burying her face in his tux.
ANA
(crying)
I’ve missed you so much! Never
leave again! I love you!
Talon laughs chokingly, wrapping his arms around her.
TALON
God, I’ve missed you, too. The way
you’re so overly happy to see me
after I make life a living hell,
the way you laugh at me when I’m
trying to be mad at you, the way
you still fight for me when I
shouldn’t have a chance.
Talon kisses her hair.
TALON
I love you, Ana Marie Densen. I
love you so much that it hurts.
Talon laughs and holds her close as she keeps crying into
his coat hysterically, telling him that she never wants him
to leave her ever again and that she loves him. A few of the
couples eye them suspiciously before switching to more
interesting topics of gossip.
Two thousand kids dressed in all styles of formal wear are
dancing in the dark, rays of color blasting down to the
floor in time to the rhythm to the rap song playing from the
DJ stand in the corner. Ana walks into the room looking
forlorn, catching the eye of JEREMY and COLIN, who came with
ISA and MADRID, all of them wearing coordinating TUXES and
PROM DRESSES.
JEREMY
(to Isa)
Well that’s just wonderful. She’s
depressed again, and at Prom.
Isa groans.
ISA
What else is new. Not that I can
really blame her though, because
seriously, the way that Vitali’s
keeping Talon isn’t exactly doing
wonders to his future bride.
COLIN
(accusingly)
She doesn’t know she’s his future
bride at the moment, remember? She
hasn’t even said yes, not to say
that she won’t. He was going to ask
her, and she has the so-called ring
already, but he had to go off and
run an entire kingdom. Are you
getting the point, here,
numb-skull?
Isa puts her hands up defensively.
ISA
Chill, Col! They’re my brothers!
What am I supposed to do, up and
admit I love them?
MADRID
Hush, morons. She’s coming over
here.
JEREMY
(whispers)
Oh, that was lovely of you.
ANA puts on a smile and walks up to the group nonchalantly.
ANA
Hey, guys.
JEREMY, ISA, MADRID, COLIN
Hey!
There’s an awkward pause and Ana crosses her arms, narrowing
her eyes.
ANA
Tell me, honestly, you weren’t
talking about me.
COLIN
Honestly, we weren’t talking about
you...?
ANA
(laughing)
Yeah, okay, fine. I deserve it.
But, come on, it’s Prom and I’m one
of the only girls who’s interesting
enough for once in her life to be
asked out by close to everyone, yet
I came without a date.
MADRID
You actually consider mine a date?
COLIN
Ouch. That was only kind of harsh
there, Maddi.
MADRID
Well, it’s true! You would’ve come
with Chaney had you been given the
chance!
COLIN
...Yeah, okay, I get your point.
ISA
Still though. Anyway, Ana, that
doesn’t matter. You’re here, you’re
available...
Ana slumps, and Isa smiles sheepishly at the other three,
who are frowning.
JEREMY
(quietly)
Nice one, Is.
ANA
Um, hey. Does anyone want a drink
or something? I think I’m just
going to go get some, um, kool-aid
or punch or... something.
ISA
(in a small voice)
Sorry.
Ana smiles cheaply.
ANA
No, no, it’s not your fault. I’m
sorry.
COLIN
I think we’re good on drinks.
Thanks, though. Hurry back.
Colin smiles kindly. Ana nods and walks away towards the
refreshment table.
INT.REFRESHMENT TABLE.NIGHT
Ana sits in one of the CHAIRS at the refreshment center, her
head in her hands, one of them gripping a plastic cup of
cherry kool-aid firmly. She’s one of many girls, most of
whom are gossiping about other girls on the floor or
dreaming about some already-taken guy.
There’s giggling and talking in the background as someone
approaches Ana.
TALON
Hello.
Ana looks up at him, but can’t see in the darkness and
through her makeup that’s smudged all over her hands.
ANA
(tiredly)
Hi.
TALON
Where’s your date?
ANA
Look, I didn’t bring one, and
neither do I want one, so please
just go away.
Ana puts her head back down.
TALON
Good, because I wasn’t asking to be
your date. I was just wanting a
dance, if that’s alright?
ANA
No. No, it’s not. Go away.
TALON
Fine; make me do this the hard way:
May I please have this dance?
Ana groans.
TALON
I’ll leave...
ANA
Please?
TALON
...If you dance with me.
Ana mutters under her breath, but stands up and puts her
drink down on the chair, turning to glare at him.
ANA
You really know how to make
enemies, you know it?
TALON
(dryly)
So I’ve been told.
He begins leading her away from the crowd by hand, though
she’s not noticing through her anger.
INT.HOTEL BALLROOM.NIGHT
Colin, Isa, Jeremy, and Madrid notice the two leaving the
building, Ana still carrying on the one-sided conversation,
and stare in awe.
MADRID
No way.
ISA
(giggling)
Yes way! Score for little Miss Ana
Marie! But Talon, oh no, he’s going
to be so heartbroken...
Madrid eyes Isa, annoyed.
MADRID
Is, sometimes I think you’re kind
of an idiot.
ISA
Yeah, I... Excuse me?
Jeremy and Colin glance at each other warily.
JEREMY
You’re thinking it and I know it,
so I’m going to stay away from the
over-used line, since I’m thinking
it too.
COLIN
(laughing at the spectacle)
Man, he’s good.
EXT.VERANDA.NIGHT
Ana’s mystery date leads her out to the Veranda, which is
empty except for a few couples dancing and a violinist.
ANA (cont'd)
...Why would you even be here
without a date, okay? Just please
give it up and go back to her.
You’re going to break her heart.
Ana turns to him, stopping him in his tracks, pulling her
hand away from him.
ANA
Seriously. I don’t even know who
you are.
TALON
Actually, you do.
ANA
(horrified)
Did Jeremy put you up to this, or
was it Maddie?
The silhouette pulls her to him and kisses her. Ana
struggles to pull away, but gives in, since he has her by
the forearms, and goes limp.
He pulls away, and Ana sees his smile for the first time.
She stares at him.
TALON
You look amazing tonight; it’s
already taken all of my willpower
to not just attack you and drag you
away from all of this.
ANA
(pauses in speechless shock)
Talon! You’re... You’re back?!
TALON
(laughing)
I told you I’d be, didn’t I?
Ana jumps into TALON’s arms, burying her face in his tux.
ANA
(crying)
I’ve missed you so much! Never
leave again! I love you!
Talon laughs chokingly, wrapping his arms around her.
TALON
God, I’ve missed you, too. The way
you’re so overly happy to see me
after I make life a living hell,
the way you laugh at me when I’m
trying to be mad at you, the way
you still fight for me when I
shouldn’t have a chance.
Talon kisses her hair.
TALON
I love you, Ana Marie Densen. I
love you so much that it hurts.
Talon laughs and holds her close as she keeps crying into
his coat hysterically, telling him that she never wants him
to leave her ever again and that she loves him. A few of the
couples eye them suspiciously before switching to more
interesting topics of gossip.
---------------
IN OTHER BREAKING NEWS:
SIXTY-FIVE BUCKS FOR A BRACELET?!
I can't!
Even if it's one I'd more than love to have!
Santa's even appalled!
D:
2 comments:
OMG.
SO. FREAKING. AMAZING.
Hahaha.
I totally love it to death, it makes me feel all gooey and mushy inside. :P
And that bracelet is pretty snazyyy. But like you, there's just no way... *sigh*
I know, I know...
I'm in mourning.
Hahahaha!!
And thanks!
It's kind of ironic that I'm more inclined towards scripting after NANO HAS JUST FINISHED! :O
Congrats, by the way!
:)
Post a Comment