6.09.2008

They Exist.

I play this online game.
I have some friends across the country on it.

One of them is from GA, and he's nineteen.
He's also INCREDBILY smart, and for some reason, thinks that I'm interesting. He tells me that.
But moving forward.

We talk about some really random things - things that usually delve into deep discussions about deeper things. And for some reason, yesterday, we got to talking about dating.

Oh, I remember now. He was asking me why I didn't date.

But anyway, we got on the subject of how he asked girls out - I think it may have been me joking, or whatever, but we were there.

His answer was stunning - "I've never asked a girl out in my entire life."

So naturally, I'm like "WHY NOT?!"

And he told me that it was hard to explain, so he was going to give me an example.

"There was this girl that I really liked in eleventh grade. One day, I casually invited her to a party."

I'm sitting there thinking, yeah, cool.

"And after a while, I asked her if she wanted to 'get out of there' - like I was trying to be a douche and get in her pants, or something"

Lauren: ?!?! NOO!

"So we leave, and I drive her down to this beach, and we watch the sunrise together."

And, get this, girls, he didn't do anything to her sexually. He said he wants to kind of seem like a cliche, but be as different as he possibly can be. And no lie, he said, and I quote,

"I want to make them love themselves a little more, just to realize that I love them, too."

He has NEVER asked a girl out, because he has never had to. He lets it happen.

I'm in awe.

---

On another note, same subject, we played this game, where we asked kindergarten questions, and his favorite color is a dark shade of Teal.

Why?

"Because supposedly we dream in black and white, and teal is the only color I can remember from my dreams."

---

I find it incredibly rad that I'm friends with the only storybook guy in the world.
I also think it's rad he's not pushing anything more than friends.

HE'S INSANELY PERFECT.
SOMEONE SNAG HIM! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa... THEY EXIST!!! that is so incredibly awesome! i don't date either so i know where you're coming from :) and tell that guy that when he finds the right girl, she will respect him for that, and it will be totally worth the wait. btw, do you know if he's a Christian or anything?

Anonymous said...

my fav color is a teal-ish one too :D always has been, always will!

LiterallyLauren said...

He's not.
However, he thinks my religion is about the most epic thing on the planet.

YAY, TEAL!

Anonymous said...

...your religion?