6.12.2008

Hope.

A girl I haven't seen since the end of school (so about a month ago) had a profile set up. I tried to friend her, but I couldn't, so I just stuck to looking at her blog entries.

She's very deep, and very... innocent in herself?

Her latest blog was on June sixth, called "Things are Looking Up." In it, all she had typed was, "Things are looking up." then a couple spaces and ".....odd..........".

But neither of those concerned me as much as the last one did, lower than the others, almost out of sight:

"yayforfalsehope"

For some reason, this struck me as completely unreasonable. Hope - false? I had heard those three words so many times, and yet it took one simple post with no more than nine words in it to show me that something was so wrong with that statement.

And then I scrolled down.
There were no comments.

Where her friends had commented in-depth on all of her other detailed blogs, this simple one was left without a word.

I almost commented.
But then, I didn't know what to say.

When it did come to me, it was short and true, and almost seemed too personal for the public's eyes.

I wrote it down, edited it twice, and sent it.

Maybe she'll understand where I was coming from.

---

6 comments:

AnnaRose said...

L that was positively beautiful and full of insight!

I hope she does understand where you're coming from. I know I do.

<3

Katie

(yeah...sorry for my lack of commentage.....I have been reading it tho!)

LiterallyLauren said...

I know you have! No worries, love! That one time you commented on, like, twelve posts at once through IM was amazing, and kind of proved it.

And thank you.

KeliaMegan said...

That was really true Lauren. And it could be a poem, too.

LiterallyLauren said...

...REALLY?
Wow.
I like poetry.
It makes me tingle.

Anonymous said...

whoa... that's nice! you know that it has taken me from the time you wrote that post until now to realize what exactly it meant? scary i know... i've been very absentminded lately :P i'd post a much deeper comment right now if it wasn't for that fact!
*polar bear hugs*
:D

AnnaRose said...

You are amazing, and that was perfect. I agree with Kelia too. A beautiful poem full of truth. :) You should let us know if she responds!