10.28.2007

Call Me INSANELY HAPPY.

YESERDAY:
and TODAY:

Happy? Jeez.

Just kidding.

WOW, I'm HYPER. I just (it's past midnight here, I'd like you to remember this) came up with a plot, wrote it up, and though I wouldn't exactly commit a murder for it (Ouch. Sorry. Dry humor --- Too many Charles Manson shows on around Halloween), I don't hate it!

So here's the basis of the thing:

Mara Carson is normal, boring, and depressive. As a child of two never-home parents with a gothic wanna-be sister who believes she’s rebelling against people no one can see, and a brother who’s claimed insane, thinking that he’s part of an unworldly community, she’s considered to be the only normal one in a family of freaks.
Her brother is close to being admitted to a special school in Washington that’s supposed to take care of the “mentally unwell” when he reveals to Mara that a girl named Aliea is the so-called leader in his world. She must stay there and reign over her people, who are gradually getting sicker because of a virus being caused by some kind of new creature in her world that anyone can catch.
She blows it off, not telling anyone for fear he'll be sent away, until one day, her sister slips into a coma, and her brother goes ballistic, screaming that it’s all Mara’s fault, and that she’s one of the “Oridel,” one of his made-up enemy. The doctors claim that it must have been something in her system that malfunctioned, though they don’t know what it is, and when her brother is taken away, it seems like her life is falling apart.
Then, when nothing seems impossible, a fiery red-headed girl yelling something about another world and a deadly virus, about how it’s Mara's fault that her brother’s in an institutional prison-like home shows up at her doorstep and takes her away to LeMia, an urban world that had already been revealed to her, straight from the lips of her brother.
Aliea recruits Mara, upset that her brother, who’s seperated and distant from both his family, told her anything about their secret world, open only to the eyes of the insane in the first place, to help find the cure, supposedly kept in the capital city of Paradol, with a blind kid named Bird, a goth-inspired rebel named Felicia, a beauty queen named Geneva, an intensely policing Orix, and one of Aliea's personal guards himself, Hart...
...All of who happen to know her brother, who’s also decided to tag along and tell his story.
When they find out that the virus is being caused by a group of rouge mythical creatures, Andrew’s “Oridel,” chaos ensues and the only way to turn things around for the urban people of LeMia is to convince the bad guys to turn good... And that’s not going to be easy, especailly with the fact that Mara has to live her normal life in the daytime, and at night, while sleeping, live life in LeMia
Especailly when it turns out that LeMia citizens can do more than stay in their own world.

!!!!

I think it's fantasy, just because of the whole other world idea, and I don't love saying that I'm doing fantasy (I don't know why - Maybe because mine always sounds cheesey to me), but I think I may be able to stick with this one.

Temporary Title?: Call Me Crazy

Bwahaha.

(Disclaimer: I'm very sorry if I've offended any truly insane people. I know your world does not involve urbanized skateboarding freak teenagers and comatose sisters. Mine, however, does.)

4 comments:

AnnaRose said...

WHOA! :O
That's, um, insane!
How do you come up with these things????! I'm so jealous!!! It sounds amazing, please go write it for me, k thanks. =P

P.S. And I love you when your hyper. Ahahahaha. <3

LiterallyLauren said...

ROFL.
Well, I'm glad you think I'm that loveable when I'm hyper! I think I'm just annoying, but hey.

:)

Ahaha. TWO DAYS, TEN HOURS!

AnnaRose said...

:O ANNOYING??! NEVER!!!
=P
Two days and ten hours????! :O AHHHH!

LiterallyLauren said...

Sarcasm doen't go far, m'dear.

Hahaha. I love you. You're crazy. :)