5.16.2008

The Last Friday Ever...

...of my Sophomore year of high school.

That's slightly frightening, and also very exciting.

As in "Hey, this is the last Friday you'll have to fight sleep in first hour."
or
"Hey, this is the last Friday you'll have to stand in the cafeteria line forever."
or
"Hey, this is the VERY last Friday you'll spend at Moore High School."

Oh, wait. That last one was scary.

I didn't buy a yearbook, so that kind of made things a little harder memory-wise. Everytime I looked at someones yearbook - signed it, rather - I got this little feeling of nostalgia.

At eighty, would I remember the people who effected me so much this year? The seniors that I'll never see again? The people who won't come back to Oklahoma? The kids that are staying at the old high school?

Oh, MY!

Of course, this caused me to write huge novellas in every person's book (minus Whitney, but I've written in her yearbook every year since kindergarten). They were funny or awkward or sad or (for the ones I didn't know too well) slightly generic.

But it was strange, because I've never felt like I had to do that before. Now it's kind of a do-or-die feeling.

OH, HIGH SCHOOL! The rampant emotions. :)

Of course, we all know about that, right? Eh?

(Just think - Only a few more days of posts about school and the drama inside of the drama that was happening! More posts about... Oh. Huh. Well, we'll see, I guess!)

No comments: