1.10.2008

A Suplet?

I don't know what you'd call a skit with six people, so that's what it's officially known as on Lauren's Blog.

:)

My monologue part (since we all had to pick one we liked of our Suplet, called 'Quilters' - of which we're only doing a timy excerpt of - about women who are on the trail, talking about their experiences and past, and wouldn't you believe it, the fact that everyone's either related to or in love with Jamie. We're pioneers, enduring death, harsh winters, and leaving the ones we love behind, and (it's very symbolistic), this is what our "quilt blocks" are "saying". The lesson we're learning from this? Acting with passion. See how:

Elly: "Remember this calico print? You should. You had a hard time keepin' your hands off it. I wore it the time you called on me promisin' to marry and be true. Well we sealed that promise, James Earl Prentiss, and whatever you think, I done what I done all for the love of you. And now I'm practically gone crazy with the shame of it, and waiting for you to come round. What's keeping you from me, Jamie? I thought we really had something special. Well, I'm not gonna beg you. I still have my pride... but I'm here. And I'm sewing the Wild Goose Chase pattern into my block because sometimes that's what lovin' you feels like. And I'll tell you somethin' else. If I get near that simp I hear you're fiddlin' with, I'm gonna tear her hair out. You'll always belong to me, Jamie, no matter how free you think you are."

I really, really, really like it.

---

In other news, here's my stalkerish update of the moment.


Is it bad of me to be sitting here, worried that he tried to jump off of a mailbox again and broke his legs?

I know. It's not.

But I haven't talked to him since last Sunday, so it's not like I'd know or anything.

Love makes me feel like a creep, ya know it?

No comments: